I’m so sad that I wasn’t able to do more writing when we were in Guatemala. It would have been so fun to document every single day that we were there and all the amazing things we did and learned but that didn’t happen and here we are with a new day and new things to learn.
I’m sure Guatemala will creep into my writing from now until the day I die because it was such a life changing experience but let me tell you about today.
- Today I am thinking about all the things I love about living in the city. I think the biggest reason I am enjoying it is the instant gratification. Today I can get in my car and drive to a store and buy almost anything I want. That is a wonderful feeling after three months of living in Guatemala where I couldn’t buy what I wanted let alone order it and have it it shipped right to my door. I’m a spoiled brat. We all are.
- Today I am sleeping on the floor. It’s something I have been thinking about doing for my health for a long time so here I go. It occurs to me that young people can comfortably sleep on the floor and old people can’t. If I want to feel young I had better stop acting old and start doing some things that young people do. After three days I can report that it’s not as bad as I thought it would be but that going to bed at night just doesn’t have the comforting feeling that it used to have. It will be interesting to see how this experiment ends.
- Today I am obsessed with food and how it effects our health. I am getting ready to start a new diet that I hope will heal my family of all our health problems and make us happier, richer and more beautiful in the process. Aim high right?
- Today I am unpacking my storage unit and coming face to face with my life, my memories, my wants and needs and abilities and making decisions about all of it including what my future holds. Not a small task.
- Today I am trying to figure out how to get more music in our lives. I want to get a whole house wireless stereo system set up and I think I am going to drive to the music store and come home with a new violin. There are a lot of little people running around here and not all of them have their own violin. Can you ever have too many tiny, adorable violins and violin players? I don’t think so.
- Today I am overwhelmed with the fact that it is physically impossible for me to do all the things I need to do every day let alone a few of the things I would like to do. And yet I keep trying. I’m beginning to think I need to start experimenting with A days and B days. On A days we could do all the necessary things like showering and eating and sleeping and then on B days we could do all the fun things that we like to do. I bet my children would really go for that. I’ll have to take a vote.
- Today, like every day, I will fail and succeed, people will hate me and love me, I will forget and remember and I will live and learn.
Have a good day!