Are you so sick that…
- You have trouble waking up in the morning or going to sleep at night?
- You always feel tired?
- You feel unmotivated?
- You have addictions to drugs, chemicals, sugar, screens, or other harmful substances and activities?
- You have disturbing obsessions about money, people, cleanliness, or anything?
- You can’t think clearly?
- You have a terrible memory?
- You can’t concentrate long enough to read a book?
- You can’t get up and down from the ground without using your hands?
- You can’t get up and down at all?
- You hurt sometimes?
- You are in constant pain?
- You can’t walk five miles?
- You can’t walk across the room?
- You are in harmful relationships?
- You have neglected and abused your family?
- You can’t control your temper?
- You hate yourself?
- You hate everyone else?
- You think everything bad that happens in your life is your fault?
- You think everything bad that happens in your life is everyone else’s fault?
Are you so sick that you can’t admit you are sick?
Are you so sick that you can’t figure out how to get better?
I’m afraid we sit around blaming ourselves or others for our problems instead of simply acknowledging that there is a problem and getting help. It doesn’t matter whose fault it is. It doesn’t matter how you got here.
Yelling at your children does not make you a bad person. It makes you a sick person. Healthy people do not yell at their children.
Healthy people do not overeat.
They do not have chronic pain.
They do not have addictions.
They do not have sick relationships.
If you are sick you could stop hating yourself and just get the help you need.
Change your family.
Change the world.
Start with yourself.
It’s hard. I’ve been there. How do you get help when you are too sick to get help? Maybe you have one person that cares enough about you to help. Maybe you have to try something new. Maybe you have to keep trying until you find something that works. Maybe you have to keep fighting because you have the rest of your life to live and really…
Did you have something more important to do today?
I was thinking of you when I wrote this. You know your life isn’t what it should be. You know you have some changes to make. There were things you could have done. There were places you could have gone. There were people you could have loved.
Maybe it isn’t too late.